EGR Sailing Looks Promising

EGR+Sail+team+competing+in+the+fall+2014.+

Meredith Gillespie

EGR Sail team competing in the fall 2014.

Pierce Ruppert, Staff Writer

Sailing may not be known as one of the premier spring sports of EGR. However, the sailing team is a group of extremely talented individuals, hungry for success.

That hunger is driven by two senior captains, Graham Post ‘17 and Justin Lovell ‘17. The team has five returning sailors and two new kids. Post and Lovell have taken it upon themselves to be the leaders of the team and to make sure everyone is committed to their team efforts.

Following their first regatta of the year in Chicago, the team realized they had a great deal of potential. They hope to unleash this potential as they continue to travel around the United States. Post says, “We’ll be traveling to Ohio, then Chicago, and hopefully Minnesota for national qualifiers. We have some great opportunities in front of us.”

Post and Lovell are some of the top sailors in the Midwest. If the team sails well at their future events, they may be heading to Nationals. “Personally, I would love to go to another nationals. I’ve been to one high school nationals already and going to a second my senior year would be a highlight in my sailing career,” says Post.

Hopefully Post and Lovell will find success this spring as they conclude their final season in high school sailing.