Boys Lacrosse looks to continue success

Marisa Mooney

As the school year is winding down, boys lacrosse is just kicking into gear. The team of 28 boys, coached by head coach Rick DeBlasio is off to good start with an almost perfect record.

According to Eric Solberg ‘18, “It’s been a good season we started 5-0 and we just lost our first game to Rockford 7-8.” This interruption to their winning streak was due to the fact that, “We started slow and couldn’t come back at the end.” said Solberg.

But this loss doesn’t stop them, the boys are looking to come back with a vengeance when they play Rockford again, ““Hopefully we can beat them and go to another state championship.”

Last year the team lost in the state championship to Forest Hills Central in a close game. But they have already beat them this season with a score of 18-9.

This Saturday the team will be traveling out to Bloomfield Hills to play Cranbrook High School, “This will be a big big game for us and beating Cranbrook will be a huge win.”The team has a big game coming up this Saturday against Cranbrook High School

As the season continues the team has high hopes and good outlooks, “Colin Stecco is a promising player for next year, and I can see him doing very well in the future.” said Solberg. The team is ready to go after another state title this year.