Softball team’s dedication pays off

Luke Diehm, Staff Writer

As Spring has sprung, spring sports have begun, and one of the most anticipated spring sports is girls’ Softball. The team consists of girls from all grades, however there is an expected majority of upperclassmen. Natalie Duca ‘20, a younger newcomer on the team, has loved her experience with Softball so far.

“I’ve had such an amazing time so far on the team,” said Duca ‘20. “It’s my first year playing and the coaches and upperclassmen have been there every step of the way.”

The team’s dedication to one another is not surprising considering how often they play and practice together. They have practice every day after school for two hours, they lift two to three times a week, and they have two to three double headers every week.

The team’s extensive practice is paying off. They have won most of their games and they have created great relationships with each other along the way.

“Everyone is so positive and supportive at all times,” said Duca ‘20. “I’ve grown to love the coaches and the girls have become like sisters to me. We really are a big happy family.”

The season has very recently started, but every girl on the team is determined to make this year’s softball team better than it ever has been.