College applications, the stress of senior year

Bailey Vydareny, Staff Writer

College deadlines.

The two words all seniors have stuck in their heads.

It’s hard to think ahead to the 19’-20’ school year when 18’-19’ has barely started.

The class of 2019 must juggle their frantic preparation for college while simultaneously trying to enjoy every last moment of their senior year.

It may not have hit them yet but they have experienced their last first day of school. Next year they will be living away from their families and friends in new cities, states, and even countries.

Tuesday, Sept. 25 Seniors may attend the “College Application Workshop” at 6pm.

This workshop will focus on essay writing, a key part of applications.

This is not the only part of applications though, recommendations, test scores, grades, and a list of extracurricular activities are part of it too.

“Filling out the actual application hasn’t been too difficult, there are just a lot of steps that are stressful to think about,” Sophie Hojnacki ‘19 said.

Another issue Hojnacki has run into is where to apply. Seniors must think about where and how they want to spend the next four years of their lives.

“Since I don’t really have a clear idea of where I want to go or what I want to study, the hardest part for me has been deciding what schools to apply to.”

“I avoided starting my application, but I decided I’m just gonna apply to a lot of schools, see what scholarships I can get and make my decision from there,” Hojnacki said.