The Pioneers look to stay undefeated after a strong win at Thornapple Kellogg

Nick Van Hekken, Staff Writer

After a 34-0 win against Thornapple Kellogg, the football team has continued their undefeated season. They have been working hard, and their preparation has lead them to a strong 4-0 start.

“We go really hard in practice,” Max Lundeen ‘18 said. “It’s a championship mentality. You need to play in practice like you would on Friday.”

Although they have been playing well, the team’s focus is now on their game on Friday against Wyoming. They are continuing to work hard, and are trying to get better.

“4-0 is a great place to be,” Lundeen said. “But there’s always room to improve.”

Friday’s game is EGR’s annual Hearts of Gold game. It is a big game for not only the team, but for the whole community.

“It adds pressure in the way that this game means so much to the community of EGR,” Marty Ward ‘18 said. “We are playing for much more than just our school.”

Even though this game means a little bit more to East Grand Rapids, the boys are preparing for it just like they have for all of their other games.

“I feel that if we execute our game plan and play how we are capable of playing we should be fine,” Ward said.

Watch the boys take on Wyoming at Memorial Field this Friday at 7:00 p.m.

• Focus

Why to spend your summer working

• The Pioneers look to stay undefeated after a strong win at Thornapple Kellogg

Photo Stories

Bowling Q&A

Photo Stories

Girl’s Volleyball seeks to stay undefeated

Photo Stories

East’s Sailing Team succeeds in Pontiac

• Photo Stories

Girls Swim and Dive Conference Finals

Opinion

‘USA!’ chant banned at OK Conference football games

Photo Stories

Track: East vs. Caledonia

Photos

Boys Soccer

Sports

Sailing into the state regatta

Photos

Football