The Pioneers look to stay undefeated after a strong win at Thornapple Kellogg

Nick Van Hekken, Staff Writer

After a 34-0 win against Thornapple Kellogg, the football team has continued their undefeated season. They have been working hard, and their preparation has lead them to a strong 4-0 start.

“We go really hard in practice,” Max Lundeen ‘18 said. “It’s a championship mentality. You need to play in practice like you would on Friday.”

Although they have been playing well, the team’s focus is now on their game on Friday against Wyoming. They are continuing to work hard, and are trying to get better.

“4-0 is a great place to be,” Lundeen said. “But there’s always room to improve.”

Friday’s game is EGR’s annual Hearts of Gold game. It is a big game for not only the team, but for the whole community.

“It adds pressure in the way that this game means so much to the community of EGR,” Marty Ward ‘18 said. “We are playing for much more than just our school.”

Even though this game means a little bit more to East Grand Rapids, the boys are preparing for it just like they have for all of their other games.

“I feel that if we execute our game plan and play how we are capable of playing we should be fine,” Ward said.

Watch the boys take on Wyoming at Memorial Field this Friday at 7:00 p.m.

1 Comment

One Response to “The Pioneers look to stay undefeated after a strong win at Thornapple Kellogg”

1. Ben Biermacher on April 12th, 2018 9:34 am

Why didn’t i get interviewed for this

[Reply]

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• The Pioneers look to stay undefeated after a strong win at Thornapple Kellogg

NEWS

Students aid the search for new superintendent while faculty celebrate Dr. Sara Magaña Schubel

NEWS

Class of 2018 graduation ceremony

• Photo Stories

2018 Prom

• Photo Stories

March Players’ Perspective

Photo Stories

Wrestling

Photo Stories

Girls Basketball Senior Night

Photo Stories

Annual Yule Ball brings in hundreds of witches and wizards

Photo Stories

An inside look into Girls Swim

• Focus

Why to spend your summer working

Photo Stories

Bowling Q&A