Boys water polo takes on Regionals

Norah Mclaughlin, Staff Writer

The East polo boys have finished up a fantastic season and are now leading into their postseason, after finishing second at their District tournament this past weekend there are high hopes for State. With a three-two conference record, being ranked tenth in the state and after competing against some of the best teams in the state their goal should be accomplished.

The hope for the boys was to gain an audience for their games, which was definitely accomplished this season more so than in the past. At almost every home game, a student section has been formed with the addition of an audience from the Girl’s Polo team.

Coach Huslebus hopes to finish their season with, “a top-three finish at Regionals and States, along with continuing their winning record”. With help from goalie Paul Williams, who was awarded All-Conference honorable mention, their goal should be achieved.

After placing second at Districts the boys will face Zeeland for their first Regional game which will determine if they go to states or not. Varsity player Max Jung 21’ knows that “our chances of beating Zeeland is good, but it all depends on how we play”. With the focus this week being practicing their physical skills, “the mental aspect of the game will also be worked on as it is equally important,” says Coach Huslebus. 

Support the East polo boys on their journey to the state tournament at Hudsonville this weekend!