Student Council plans a board game themed homecoming

The whole school is in for a treat as homecoming week in October rounds the corner. Students look forward to hearing about the themes, lunch time games, and details of the dance. The school buzzes with excitement for the first dance of the year.

Senior Class President Francesca Aquino ‘17 has been hard at work, along with all of the student council members, to organize the week of homecoming. “The theme for homecoming this year is sort of a take on childhood games, specifically board games. You’ll see Freshmen, Sophomore, and Junior floats in the homecoming parade all modeled after board games such as Candy Land and Monopoly!” says Aquino ‘17. “Everyone can look forward to watching and participating in lunch time games throughout homecoming week as well as in the spirit assembly on the 7th,” she continues. The dance will take place on October 8 at 9PM.

This year, the themes for spirit week will be the following: Monday is Pajama Day, Tuesday is Tiki Day, Wednesday is USA Day, Thursday is Decades Day, and Friday is East Day.

Every year, the separate grades compete in several different activities and games the week before the dance takes place. Activities and games played include twister, a pie-eating contest, dodgeball, a sing-off, and a dance-off. “My favorite homecoming activity is the pie-eating contest,” says Lexxi Masacek ‘17. All students are welcome to participate in these activities which take place during the lunch hours and in the spirit assembly on Friday. “I love watching everyone participate in school spirit,” says Claire Johnson ‘17. Juniors and Seniors can participate in a Powder Puff football game as well. The Powder Puff Football game is on October 5 at 7 PM for those interested in attending. The Varsity football team is playing Wayland at home on Friday, October 7, for the annual homecoming game.