The Spirit Assembly ends Homecoming week on a high note

Homecoming week started with an intense game of Powder Puff featuring the Junior and Senior girls. The juniors faced a crushing defeat against the Seniors. Star players included Micki Ivy ‘18, Lydia Hoff ‘18, Mary Schumar ‘19, and Kyra Allen ‘19. Homecoming Court was announced during halftime of this game. The girls selected were Victoria Kratt, Livi Vander Hyde, Emily Lambert, Annie Karsten, and Kate O’Connell. The boys included Peter Kratt, Ryan Eardley, Jacob Mark, Keegan Sullivan, and Jackson Benham.

Seniors dominated lunch games with a total score of 30 points. Runner ups were the Juniors with a score of 20 points. Sophomores placed 3rd with 14 points. And lastly freshmen came in 4th with 10 points. Thank you to those who represented their grades and put forth a great effort. 

Lunch Games:

• The Pie Eating Contest was dominated by Seniors Marisa Mooney and Jacob Mark. Juniors placed 2nd, Freshmen in 3rd, and Sophomores in 4th.
  • Twister was also won by Seniors Maddox Lee and Leah Viotti-Ziegler followed with second place by the Juniors, Sophomores in third, and Freshman in 4th.
  • Seniors demolished all 3 classes in Dodge ball, followed by the Sophomores with 2 wins, Juniors with one win, and Freshmen with none.
  • The Senior Girls put their best foot forward in the dance off coming off with a win.
  • Mr. Reed who was representing the senior class was the sole champion of teacher basketball. The seniors pulled away with the win in tug of war and they solidified their 1st place position with a final win in the sing off.

The homecoming parade featured the middle school band, student council floats, the girls field hockey team, the boys soccer team, and the homecoming court. The parade was filled with good spirits and excitement for the upcoming game.

Varsity Football dominated Forest Hills Eastern this past Friday (10/13) with a final score of 35 – 0. During halftime the band put on a stellar performance and homecoming king and queen were announced as well as student council float winners. Congrats to King Jackson Benham and Queen Victoria Kratt! Kudos to the Sophomore Grade for a great float earning them the winning title.

Photo credits: Asha Lewis ’18, Managing Editor